Today News
A+ A A-
Ninez Cacho-Olivares

It’s over for the commies and their movement

Saturday, 10 March 2018 00:00 Published in Commentary


Communists, here and in Europe won’t have anywhere to run, once branded by the State as terrorists, which should be soon, as the Department of Justice (DoJ) has tagged as terrorists the underground commies as well as the aboveground terrorists as contained in a list.
It is unknown still if certain European countries, that have granted some kind of political asylum to known Communist leaders such as Jose Maria Sison and the Jalandoni couple of the National Democratic Front, would keep them out of reach of the Philippine authorities.
But they have only themselves to blame, since there had been so many opportunities through peace talks with different governments after the Marcos regime was toppled, for them to take the constitutional path of joining the political mainstream and of course, giving up their arms. But no, They wanted power sharing with the Duterte government, which was no different from their asking for the moon.
Their best shot at joining the mainstream government, both politically and as nationalists while fighting for what they call justice through legal means, such as amnesty, was through the peace talks under the Duterte Cabinet, who went as far as showing his sincerity in peace talks to finally end this battle between the government armed forces and the Communist New People’s Army (NPA) by working for the release on bail grant for the jailed communist leaders, along with the NPA leaders who are known to have kidnapped and killed soldiers and civilians, as well as extort money from firms in exchange for NPA protection, which these rebels call “revolutionary tax.”
The sincerity shown always came from President Duterte. He appointed known above ground communists and supporters of Sison and Jalandoni in Cabinet positions, as well as sub-Cabinet positions.
Some of these aboveground commies were even using their positions and government funds to help communists.
Duterte even said nothing when these appointed communists in his Cabinet would openly and proudly state that they will be joining the anti-Duterte protests, something which is not done, since these commies have become part of the legitimate government.
In time of course, given their abusive ways, they were not even fired, but were rejected by the bicameral confirmation on Appointments.
There was no sign of sincerity on the part of the communists. Despite the talks ending, none of those communists released on bail ever returned to present themselves before the courts and return to their detention quarters, since that was the condition of their bail.
There was never any intention from these rebels to return and worse, even as peace talks were ongoing, there were still killings by the armed communists.
Now, with the order of Duterte to have some 600 identified communists listed and declared as communists, the DoJ has gone to court to have them declared as terrorists.
The DoJ wants these communist leaders formally identified as terrorists, including members of the Communist Party of the Philippines, and its armed wing New People’s Army , as well as dozens of above gound communist-activists and a Filipino United Nations special rapporteur.
The list of some 600 individuals the government officially wants declared as terrorists was handed down through a petition the justice department filed before Manila Regional Trial Court Branch 19 last February 21.
The list includes, among others, a report said, CPP founder Sison, alleged ranking CPP leaders Benito and Wilma Tiamzon, National Democratic Front peace negotiators Luis Jalandoni, Connie Ledesma, Randall Echanis, and Rafael Baylosis, who is currently detained at Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City; former Bayan Muna Party-list Rep. Satur Ocampo, Catholic priest Frank Fernandez, Ilocos environmental activist Sherwin de Vera, and UN special rapporteur for the rights of indigenous people Victoria Tauli-Corpuz.
The DoJ labeled Tauli-Corpuz as a member of the CPP’s Ilocos-Cordillera Regional Committee.
UN human rights experts said they were shocked that a UN special rapporteur is tagged as a communist terrorist and want the Philippines to drop its petition against the special rapporteur.
Not surprisingly, the UN experts put a motive in this, saying that “The accusation against her comes after the public comments made, jointly with other special rapporteurs, in relation to the militarization, attacks and killings of indigenous Lumad peoples by members of the armed forces in Mindanao; this accusation is considered as an act of retaliation for such comments,” the experts said.
Why should these UN rights group be shocked? Priests and nuns have joined the movement and have engaged in murder. What makes this Filipina Special Rapporteur an exception, if she really is a communist terrorist?


Either way, it’s a removal

Friday, 09 March 2018 00:00 Published in Commentary

Supporters of Chief Justice Lourdes Sereno aren’t an idiotic lot. However, they do sound like idiots when they, critics of the Duterte administration, come up with their moronic defense of Sereno, especially in their claim that the House justice panel’s move to defer the submission to the Senate for trial of an impeached chief justice is due to the weakness of the House’s case against the chief justice, insisting that the impeachment case against Sereno is flimsy.
“They are embarrassed to bring it to the Senate because they realize they will just be a laughingstock in the Senate,” ACT Teachers Rep. Antonio Tinio told a press briefing.
Tinio should think of a better claim, as he would be a laughingstock of a congressman-teacher, given the fact that there was a precedent established when Congress came up with a very weak and flimsy case against then sitting Chief Justice Renato Corona. Despite a clear absence of evidence, no personal knowledge from yellow complainants, hearsay, and fabricated bank transactions, along with perjury committed by the Ombudsman, Conchita Carpio-Morales with her claims of Corona’s inflated dollar amounts in his multi-bank accounts, the Senate convicted Corona on his having failed to submit an accurate statement of Assets and Liabilities, which, incidentally, was not even a charge included in the Articles of Impeachment. This was not, prior to Corona’s trial, an impeachable crime. Now it is, and because of this, Corona’s conviction serevbs as a precedent.
These critics are not stupid. They certainly are aware of the way the Corona Senate trial and conviction was handled. They are also aware of the fact that the House justice panel has a lot of evidence ot convict Sereno through testimonies from very credible witnesses who are justices of the Supreme Court as well as documentary evidence, along with the admitted the Judicial Bar and Council (JBC)’s cover up of Sereno’s failure to meet the stiff requirements, having failed to submit her 10 years of SALNs , then even submitting two SALNs that were not notarized.
Yet these supporters of Sereno still claim that the case against Sereno is weak?
Don’t they just sound like idiots and ignoramuses?
And a worse picture of these supporters of CJ is that of their being idiotic amnesiacs as never once do they breathe a word of the Corona conviction in their moronic criticisms in arguing their case for Sereno.
They also focus their criticisms on the quo warranto case filed against the CJ by Solicitor-General Jose Calida, who has asked the Supreme Court to void the appointment of Sereno as chief justice, since she failed the illegibility test, which is also a failure of what is demanded of every justice: Integrity, which incoudes honesty, probity and independence.
There went another yellow critic, a former Solgen , Florin Hilbay, who insisted in an interview that Calida’s move of a quo warranto would open the way to oust President Duterte himself other than through impeachment.
On the claim of Calida that Sereno was not qualified to be appointed to the to post in the High Court, Hilbay pointed to the requirement provision in the Constitution which only asks the basic requirements that he said have nothing to do with integrity.
Gee, has it become acceptable for High Court justices, appellate justices and Sandiganbayan justices to be half-wits and morons?
Hilbay insists that the 1987 Constitution unequivocally states that Sereno, like the President, may only be removed from office through the impeachment process.
It appears that Hilbay, like many Sereno supporters is deliberately forgetting the fact that even as the then Hilario Davide Supreme Court justices were aware of the fact that despite the Constitution stating clearly that presidents and other constitutional officials may only be removed from office through the impeachment process, that yellow Davide Supreme Court ousted then sitting President Joseph “Erap” Estrada, who moreover, was democratically elected by the Filipino people, despite the fact that Estrada was tried in a Senate court, but was not impeached, nor did he resign, nor was he permanently incapacitated and he certainly is not dead.
There was no other president who was ousted by the Supreme Court and completely without any evidence or precedent to back up the Davide Court’s unconstitutional ouster of Estrada. The frigging yellows were certainly not coming up with any consitutional reasons that Hilbay and the opposition give today in the case of Sereno.
If the SC can on its own, remove a president who has not even been convicted by an impeachment court, why not its chief justice? After all, the SC certainly can discipline its people.
So why do these yellows scream today, with the Solgen filing a quo warranto petition against Sereno which may result in her removal as she is certainly not qualified to hold on to that top SC post.?
As for Sereno, she should stop portraying herself as a victim of injustice and persecution, because she isn’t.

Thank you, Senator Sotto

Thursday, 08 March 2018 00:00 Published in Commentary

Most voters knew that there was massive cheating during the 2016 senatorial polls, despite the fact that everyone also knew that a real presidential candidate unquestionably won the race.
Now, the Filipinos’ suspicions and belief that some of the electronically elected officials have not been legitimately elected and are usurpers, are being confirmed.
Thanks to Senate Majority Leader Vicente Sotto III and his privilege speech in which he yesterday bared, based on highly confidential information and evidence from his very reliable source whom he cannot at this time, name, indicated irregularities which altered the results of the 2016 senatorial, vice presidential and presidential elections.
Said Sotto: “All of us had zero votes. Only six, according to my source, benefited in the fraud in the early transmissions. Only six names of candidates were shaded, my source said.”
Sotto disclosed this to the Tribune after he delivered his privilege speech on the floor.
Fraudulent electronic votes for at least six candidates were transmitted in their favor to the transparency servers and board of canvassers long before the scheduled May 9 national elections formally opened.
As stated by Sotto: “What my source said is that the only shaded votes were found in the national candidates. Only six names were placed in the transmission. Not even local candidates’ names were shaded during the early transmission, my source said.”
The information furnished him showed a possible case of electoral sabotage during the conduct of the 2016 elections as transmission logs supposedly in joint custody of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) and technology provider Smartmatic indicate that the transmission activity purportedly was made in the morning of May 8, 2016, a day before the May 9 elections .
Despite the fraud, then presidential candidate Rodrigo Duterte, won resoundingly mainly because his victory was marked by a huge landslide that held more votes than the cheating machine could ensure his defeat.
But that does not mean that Duterte was was not cheated. It merely means that the rankings among the candidates would change. perhaps from number 5 to number 3 or 3 in ranking.
Duterte may not have been cheated out of his victory, but there was still cheating on his votes.
Certainly there were questions on who really won the vice presidential race which is still being resolved by the Supreme Court acting as a Presidential Electoral Tribunal.
There were also questions over the senatorial victory of detained Leila de Lima as a protest was lodged before the Senate Electoral Tribunal by the 13th senatorial candidate, former MMDA Francis Tolentino.
Already, with the protest votes being counted, Tolentino has noted some ballot irregularities and fraud in the Senate race.
There were a lot of questions surrounding the 2016 senatorial poll results, the reason being that the results were highly questionable.
While some senatorial bets were regarded as sure winners in the race, their rankings, however, were questionable, given the fact that in past senatorial races, even if these bets won, they made it to the magic 12, but hardly ever did they land as the first three winners.
Others who were hardly known as national figures, suddenly were among the topnotchers.
And worse, even as electoral fraud has always been noted year after every automated election year, the electorate wondered why the Comelec, from the time the country switched from manual voting to automated voting machines vote, always gave Smartmatic, which hardly had a clean reputation, the billions in pesos contract for their machines, no matter who ran the Comelec.
Smartmatic came into the Philippine electoral picture and, in its first year, people had already noted the irregularities and yes, even fraud, but the Comelec chiefs then always dismissed these allegations, including early evidence of Smartmatic and the Comelec itself not being upfront about these fraudulent moves.
Sotto said that one of the receiving end pointed to the Consolidated Canvassing System (CCS) of the Municipality of Libon, Albay.
“This is one of the many transmissions made on May 8. Just one of the early transmission activities which continued until May 9, 2016 in the morning, prior to the official conduct of the elections,” the Senate leader said on the floor.
“It is the machines that were voting, and about two before the precincts were open for the elections and only six candidates were on the machines. Everyone else got zero,” he said in an interview after his speech.
Sotto said Senator Lacson received zero votes in 819 precincts, Tolentino in 816 precincts, Senator Migz Zubiri and 693 precincts, Sotto said.
He also said that he too, was victimized by the Smartmatic machines.
Finally, there will be a Senate inquiry on this matter, and the Filipino people will know just how their sovereign will has been thwarted by automated machines and dirty politicians as well as dirtier Comelec fraudsters.
Thank you, Senator Sotto.






Life Style




Unit 102, 1020 Bel-Air apartment, Roxas Blvd, Ermita, Manila Copyright 2000-2017 All rights reserved, The Daily Tribune Publishing Inc.